111 West Fifth Street • Sedalia, MO 65301
Liberty Center Association for the Arts, Inc.
Follow us on Facebook
"Tales with Tails:
Mitos de Mexico"
by Carl Hutcherson
Directed by Carl Hutcherson & Linda Bachman
Thursday, June 27 • Friday, June 28 • Saturday, June 29
at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 30 at 2:30 p.m.
Tickets are $7 each
Call (660) 826-2899 or pick them up at the
Liberty Center, 111 West 5th
Box Office Hours Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
and at 6 p.m. on show nights
Queen of the Prairies
Festival of the Arts
September 28, 2013
• Award-winning Artists & Fine Art Crafters
Missouri’s most talented artists, display and demonstrate their original oils and acrylics, vibrant watercolors, captivating sculptures, dazzling jewelry, sparkling glass, decorative ceramics and vivid photography.
• Fly-In at the Sedalia Regional Airport featuring the Kansas City Dawn Patrol WWI replica airplane air show, Young Eagle rides for Young Eagles 8-18, and helicopter rides with KMBC's NewsChopper 9 pilot, Johnny Rowlands (paid event).
• Strolling docents dressed in period costume portraying historical characters from Sedalia and Pettis County's past. This year's docents will portray Sedalians who lived during the Civil War.
• Music from local and regional musicians features a blend of folk, jazz, country, pop and soul genres.
• Children's Art children can unleash their artistic talents at "Kid’s Alley." A variety of make & take projects await their creative ideas. They can design and draw their own masterpieces inside the huge walk-in inflatable and draw with sidewalk chalk.
• Culinary Arts mouth-watering treats varying from gourmet kettle corn, wood-fired pizza, stuffed potato wedges, corn dogs to crispy funnel cakes and made-on-site desserts, more than enough to satisfy anyone’s appetite!
• Queen of the Prairies Western Swing Barn Dance featuring Ben VanDyke, the Harms Bros. and the Auctioneers - the Leroy Van Dyke Band,
8 pm- midnight. Adult beverages available at the dance. Attendees will be carded. Sponsored by the Trail's End Landmark Committee. Tickets: $15 Single, $25 Couple, available at the door or online at www.thetrailsend.org
Call 660-826-7080 for more information.
Download 2013 application here
or register online here.
Click here to view photos from the 2012 festival
Photos by photographers
• Rachel Beck Photography
• Kevin "Snap Shot" Walker
• Joleigh Melte
"Congratulations on a wonderful 2nd Annual Queen of the Prairies Festival on Saturday. With so many others I was enthralled to experience all that was happening downtown, to listen to the crowd enjoying and see the collaboration and hard work (made to appear as only fun). Thank you for creating and giving this joyous festival experience in sight, sound, smell, touch and taste to the community and its visitors."
"Sorry I missed the event. I did talk to the two guys with the blown glass pendants and they said it was a good event, better than the first year, which they thought was pretty good."
"Thank you! It was a phenomenal event. I have heard nothing but good comments."
"We had a good time going to the festival on Sat. We did get to eat at the Ivory Grille - excellent food. The hostess even gave all three of us a canvas tote bad with the restaurant name on it. One of the girls mentioned that her brown bag had broken so the hostess decided to give us the sturdy bags. Both "grannies" bought hand made cloth dolls for the grandkids. We bought tu tu skirts for the girls also. I bought a table centerpiece made from old glassware put together, they also had things like bird feeders and yard art made out of old glassware, coffee cups, etc. Pretty neat!"
M. Overland Park, KS
Smith-Cotton High School